maandag 3 november 2014

time to fly *Maja Design*

It's been a long time since a made a canvas/layout.
Made this one for my youngest daughter, Yiscka
with the beautiful Crea Diem collection from Maja design.
The closer the date of Yiscka's leaving to the States, the more sentimental I become!! :)
She had to take some photo's for all the legal documents, not her usually sunny self and she really hates this one, but he.....thought it was a beautiful photo anyway and had to be scrapped!
(note: she forgave me for using it! LOL)


-Time to fly-
Go where you need to.
Explore the world.
Live your life but always
remember your way home.

I started this layout with layering some cut out strips from the Crea Diem collection.

Created the background with modeling paste and a clock template.
Used the fushia color from Shimmerz paints and some black acrylic paint.
The gorgeous butterfly is from Scrap-Unlimited and got two coats of gesso before randomly painted with the fushia. Added some pearls on the butterfly.

Lovely -home- resin from Prima.

Ab imo pectore = with all my heart / uit de grond van mijn hart 
A piece of the bottom strip.

I wanted to add some extra color for more contrast and choose some lime colored touches in the flowers and pearls. The chipboard frame is from Dusty Attic and the painted twigs are from 13Arts.

Some extra touches with gesso.

I used the following papers:
Ord flyger bort
Den oersattliga tiden
Fylld av karlek (+bottom strip)

Enjoy your day! 
Ingrid xxx

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, daar staat ze zeker goed op voor een paspoortfoto! Op mijn foto lijk ik net een crimineel ;)
    Zo leuk om je ook weer eens met een foto te zien werken! Het canvas is echt supermooi geworden!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A beautiful page for your lovely daughter. It is hard when they leave. I love the saying you used!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Awwww I teared up when I read the little journal piece Ingrid......leaving the nest.....don't look forward to my 3 ever leaving but I guess it is inevitable. I have to say I am so happy you have done a layout. I love all your creations but I loooooove your layouts. Absolutely stunning Ingrid. Thank you for sharing your creation. xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen